Monday, November 01, 2004

Bleh!

Well, the fact that I am only logging on now should be an indicator of how productive my day was today. A great night last night anyway. I even got up on a dance platform thing and shook my booty. Didn't see any action, but then I was wearing white face paint with black lipstick and eyeliner, and that probably didn't help.

The only fly in the ointment is that I lost my glasses in the course of the night. FUCK! Getting kitted out with new glasses over here costs a small fortune. I went back there this evening and the bouncers told me to ring in the morning, that maybe the cleaners might have got them. Fingers crossed, although I doubt that I'll recover them.

Also, I rang the grant authority today to tidy up the loose ends. They have now informed me that they want the form that I submitted to the revenue department when I was filing my tax return! It apparently is not enough that I enclosed the notice of assessment with my original application for the grant, they want the information that I gave to the tax office as well. Being the first world technologically advanced country that we are is obviously no such guarantee that the two departments actually communicate with each other. It is hard to put into words just how angry this makes me, as it will delay everything, and I will have to go digging up financial information that resides, for the most part, back in Ireland. Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh! FUCK again! So tommorrow I have to get up and spend most of the morning taking care of this when I could be studying for the tests I have in two weeks.

Be warned people, when you apply for a grant for third-level education, be prepared to submit every tiny detail of your movements for the year preceding the one in which you intend to return to education.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

No comments: