Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day...

Which was spent with my sister and her husband, along with my parents and the in-laws and so forth.

It's been a while since I woke up with a blinding hangover on Christmas morning, but I did it this year, and so another new year's resolution has been added to the long list:

If one must go out on Christmas Eve, one will return home at least one hour before serving stops.

Lovely dinner, though I didn't eat much of it. This tradition of feeling delicate on Christmas day was proudly nurtured by a group of us when we were younger, but I am now officially knocking it on the head.

When conversation turned to my brother's engagement, my parents didn't really say much, as they didn't when my sister announced hers years ago (my sister was insulted that my parents seemed to find the Late Late Show more interesting that night). Funny how some people handle things.

I can't wait to see how they handle things when I announce mine! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Bed early tonight...

No comments: