Friday, March 11, 2005

A mixed bag

I FINALLY got my grant. The cheque was lodged on Wednesday, and now all I have to do is wait for it to clear, and partytime!

My biology test yesterday wasn't a total catastrophe.

I am suffering one of the worst hangovers in living memory, having hit the pub at 4pm yesterday after said test, and drinking solidly for about 10 hours. I got back to the house, collapsed outside my bedroom door and lay there for a while, before deciding that my bed would be preferable to the threadbare carpet. I got up, swanned into the bedroom of one of my flatmates, announced that there was no way in hell I would be going into college later, and asked her to pick up some notes for me. With that, I fell into bed, and showed my appreciation for it by vomiting all over the sheets. Twice.

I have to work tomorrow, and I have a feeling that this aftermath from hell is going to extend into the second day. After work, I must get on a train to London to visit two friends of mine that I used to work with in Dublin, which means I have to do some of the preparation tonight. God help me.

This is the last time I am doing something like this, I swear.

No comments: