Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"We don't have much time"

The study is, as per bloody usual, progressing at a funereal pace. I'm getting through subjects at roughly one-third of the speed required to cover the amount of material that would net me a reasonable pass this year. I've already given up on replicating last year's achievement of a 2.1. All I want is 40% in everything so I don't have to come back and do anything again.

This morning we had seminars on Medicine Design, and I don't feel quite so bad about what has to be done now, but then again, blind panic is usually the only thing that will motivate me to work, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I've pretty much decided that if I don't get a decent job in Brighton for the summer, then I'll go home and see if I can get some work in IT. I can NOT see myself sticking out the supermarket job for more than a couple of weeks, and doing it for a full summer would cancel out all the positive aspects of staying in Brighton, and then some. Hopefully I'll get some office admin or data entry job instead. It'd be nice to catch up with some of the old heads in Dublin, though. It's been a while, and Pride in Brighton falls on a weekend this year (well, the best part does) so going to that is still a possibility even if I don't end up staying there.

Now I must go back to work, and stop googling Lawrence Dallaglio.*


Nice guns. Alas, no 1024x768 screensaver.


Mmmmm. Mighty fine. I'd almost sit through an entire rugby match just to look at him. Almost.

*The secret to a good google nudity search is to make sure Google's SafeSearch facility is off.

No comments: