Sunday, November 28, 2004

Strike two on gaydar last night

Damn, this guy was good. I think I should move away from this though, and try and meet people in nightclubs. The only thing is, the Brighton gay scene is guilty of capitalising on the pink pound phenomenon, and I'm broke. I'm still wrestling with the fucking pricks that populate the Irish higher education grant section, so I haven't got that yet. Wankers.

I still haven't got used to the fact that I don't have something to study for or something to hand in for a whole two weeks. Mmmmmm. Coasting. Did absolutely nothing today, apart from the weekly shopping in Sainsburys, which, as usual, consisted of me haring in ten minutes before closing time and running around frantically throwing everything in a basket.

I'm feeling kind of uninspired at the moment, so might operate a 'less is more' philosophy here for a few days. One thing I need to do is organise some new pictures for this though. Joanne, if you're reading this, I'll be requiring your services again over Christmas! Not as much costume changes this time, I promise :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey denis , a quick question for you

i am currently deciding on a blog to set up. I know you said before how you had worked four years in the IT Industry. I was wondering if you are editing the html source code yourself for your blog page, or if you were using maybe haloscan.com to track your comments?
if you are webmastering yourself i have a few questions..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Denis,

I'm actually living in the Brighton area myself and I was very interested to read that you have slept with a male prostitute.
Could you tell me how much it cost?
I think I may have paid too much the last time I was with one of them. Lets face it Brighton isn't exactly a cheap place.

Thanks,
Alan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Denis I am astounded to read than you pay for sex I really didn't think that was your style.

Carl

Denis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denis said...

Oh Delete AGAIN!

Alan, thanks to the fuckwits that sometimes get drawn to this blog (why me, Lord, why me?), you got the wrong end of the stick. I didn't pay, though looking back over my entry, I can (just about) see how you misinterpreted it. Logging onto Gaydar is cheaper than paying into a club and then paying inflated prices for drinks just to pull someone. That's what I meant in the post. But yeah, I'm starting to realise how expensive Brighton is generally.

Carl, you assumed correctly: Paying for sex isn't my style. Gaydar (or for completeness, www.gaydar.co.uk) is a cruising/dating site where you can go online, find someone in your area, and if you like the look of them, mail them asking if they want to meet up. Quite often, those 'meets' consist of nothing more than sex, but it's between two willing adults: Money doesn't change hands. There is an 'escort' section, but I don't bother with it. It is all rather 'fast', and not something I would make a habit of, but hell, no harm in doing it once in a while as long as you're careful, right? It's no different to the pulling that goes on in nightclubs. And I've done that too. By the way, was that you in the first comment?

Dithering anonymous imbeciles (thanks, Linus), is your life so empty that you trawl across the internet, reading the blogs of people you don't like? Here's an earth-shattering suggestion for dealing with a blog you can't relate to:

Don't read it.

Here's another one, tailored just for you:

Fuck off.