My boredom and frustration has reached a plateau. It hasn't got any worse in the last week, but that's not to understate how intense it is already. To top it all off, our VCR has given up the ghost, so I'm reduced to watching the four Irish channels for entertainment (Saw 'Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood' last night. Gawd!)
My phone interview reaped rewards, but it turns out that that only means I'm over the first of three hurdles in the selection process, and it's for a permanent position, which is not what I'm really after (though anything will do at this stage). I'm e-mailing an average of 2 companies per day with regard to advertised positions, and so far none of them have had the courtesy to get back to me.
Two friends of my mother's are over from Holland for a while to stay, so at least that breaks up the monotony.
In other news, I've picked up a guitar again for the first time in nearly a year. I'm currently trying to nail the Cure's 'Just Like Heaven'. It's not going too badly. Before, I always set myself these trying practice sessions as my goal, with a view to learning as much as possible, whereas now I'm just learning songs that I like, as opposed to rambling chord changes, and it's turning out much better.
I still need a job though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment