Monday, July 10, 2006

The weekend was its usual.

The Bitches of BN2 came back Saturday evening, from their holiday in Spain. It turns out that MizzFlee's piercings set off the metal detector while she was passing through customs, and she was led away by a burly Spanish security guard for what turned out to be something approaching a full cavity search. After she had recovered, she decided that she quite liked it! Some bitches have all the luck. Click here for an eye-witness account.

I suffered my usual weekend at the supermarket. I ID'd what turned out to be a 29-year old woman when she tried to buy alcohol, and she stomped off. Later, her husband came in to bitch at me. I just politely told him it was shop policy, but he accused me of just being awkward. I should have advised him that seeing as his wife was an Asian dwarf of five-foot-nothing, she should wear heels, or else carry her driver's licence around with her. I felt like cutting him up into little pieces and putting him a box in the basement for storage. My supervisor, of course, just stood there and said nothing. Luckily, in the queue right behind the husband, was a woman who worked in another branch of the same supermarket, and she waded in on my behalf.

I have sent CVs to pharmacies, but they're all too disorganised to get back to me. I'm mounting the search with renewed vigour.

Of course after a day like that, I ended up in the Bulldog with La 'Flee. At one point in the night, I greeted the bouncer with his gaydar profile name (bigtop), and he looked at me as if I had asked him if I could spend the night with his mother!

I also met Daffy, looking as hot as ever.

I got home at 5am, and of course the Sunday shift at the market was delightful as a result. On my way home, there were loads of people shouting and honking horns, and draping themselves in what looked like the Irish tricolour. Upon closer inspection, I realised it was a flag of a different country, and when I got home, I found out that Italy had won the world cup. Big fucking deal. Well, at least the stinking tournament is over now.

The exam results are out this week. I find out on Wednesday how many I'll be repeating. I'm being honest. That's the most pertinent question with regard to the outcome right now.

No comments: