Thursday, August 10, 2006

Anger!

Well, the peak of the year has just been followed by the trough.

I went to work this morning. I arrived in Haywards Heath too late (by 2 minutes) to catch the complimentary work taxi because my miserable (ex) boss insists on getting the taxi at 8:35, not 8:40. I then, by a hairs breadth, missed the bus to work by 1 minute and had to wait until 9:05 to get the next one. I arrived 20 minutes late.

It went downhill from there.

After suffering a morning of her snapping at me over the slightest of things, and refusing to allow me to take documentation out of the shop so I could compile an induction handbook - something badly needed in the place and highly beneficial to everyone there - I cracked after lunch.

I was moved from the counter to the dispensary, and after trying to use the computer without having been given any proper training, I made a labelling mistake. As in, the computer printed out a series of 10 labels in rapid fire. It was the last straw, and I lost it.

The pharmacist was dutifully informed (if that's the word) that it would be my last day today, so to speak. She persuaded me to stay half an hour, and I ended up staying until the end of the shift. Then, as we waited for a taxi outside, she casually said 'Oh, you'll be on Saturday, won't you?'

Hello!

I reminded her of our conversation earlier. She moaned, tried to make me feel guilty, and tried to get me to change my mind. It didn't work, and now, with a bit of luck, I will never see her again.

I'm sick of this though. This academic year so far:

1. I move three times, two of those times just after completing a set of exams.
2. I have no money for the most of the year.
3. When I do finally get a job, it sucks, and I don't see my first paycheque for six weeks.
4. My national insurance number gets messed up, thus ensuring I have to suffer a prolonged (and still ongoing, at this time) period of emergency tax.
5. I fail two exams.
6. When I land what I think is a dream student job, it turns out to be a nightmare.
7. Sundry other shit from sundry other people.

And now I have to be out of my current place in three weeks. Wonderful!

Oh, and Nuclear Physics Bear was supposed to be coming down to see me this evening, but after considering everything, I had to ring and cancel.

Kill me now...

No comments: