Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fucking Spangly curtains

With only one day to the main Brighton Pride carnival, I rang up the Brighton Uni GaySoc president and asked if there were any pre-Pride drinks happening. She said no, but that they were in the latter stages of assembling the float and I was welcome to help. So I volunteered, turning up at Falmer campus to help with the proceedings.

I spent two hours trying to untangle a spangly beaded curtain. Here is a word of advice, dear reader, if you ever want to use a spangly curtain without any undue hassle.

Don't fucking roll them up beforehand.

So that was that. On the plus side, the guy who volunteered to help me with mine was a cute med student, studying in Manchester, but originally from Gibraltar. His accent was something I've never heard the like of before, but as skins go, he was rather eye-catching.

I left at about 11pm. I left my leather briefcase behind. Please God the caretaker has got it.

No comments: