Thursday, September 07, 2006

Christ ALMIGHTY!

The last few days in brief:

a) In spite of the fact that I put up an ad in Netlet (an online accommodation website for the college) advertising the house, the applications to see it come in slowly. Slowly, like chinese water torture.

b) On Tuesday, the landlord rang me asking me if new tenants had been lined up for the house yet, a mere five days after the previous group left. I tell him no, but I'm working on it. He tells me he needs to get the house filled as quickly as possible, and by being there, he can't let it as an empty 6-bedroomed house. He tells me I'll have to leave by Thursday. I negotiate Friday instead.

c) I had flights booked to go home to Mallow on Monday 11th, as a surprise for my mother's birthday. Because I have to leave the house, I have to reschedule the flights to go out on Friday afternoon instead. Price involved for this change: £100, and the tosser still wants me to pay for the week I've stayed in the house (£75). I'd just do a runner, but then it would come out of the deposit of the girl who sub-let her room to me.

d) The stupid BITCH who runs the pharmacy I worked in for a while, messed up my details on the pharmacy computer. The result? I don't get paid until the end of September, instead of the end of August like I should have been. I've drafted a letter of complaint. I'm going to sit on it for a few days to work out what I should do with it. I want to wring her scrawny neck.

After I got the lovely life-affirming instructions from the landlord, I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I rang Daffy, and he turned out to be a big help in all of this. Last night the two of us managed to get most of my stuff moved into storage, and then he showed me his room which he's thinking of renting out. My name is on the list of those being considered.

I feel a bit better now, though the last few days have been shit. I have an job interview tomorrow in the college for something that will last throughout the year, and would be very handy to combine with my course (assuming I get through). The flight home is straight after that. Hopefully I'll be able to combine the two without any disasters.

No comments: