Well, I had another test on tuesday, and managed to redeem myself somewhat with the result. After 3 not unheavily-weighted assessments in the first month of the academic year, TWO of which centred on cardiac physiology, which was not formally taught in lectures, merely given as guided study, we now appear to have slowed things down somewhat. Thank God.
I'm going home for a break in two weeks time. It'll be needed. Friday 17th in Dublin and the rest of the weekend at home.
Alcohol is still being given a wide berth, though it's only been a week so I'm not about to congratulate myself just yet. I think I need something to distract myself with at the weekends. I've made enquiries about signing up for a Kung Fu class. It was on this evening, but they started early so by the time I arrived they were already at it. The instructor was understanding, but everyone was already paired up with fighting partners, and I wasn't exactly appropriately dressed (everyone else appeared to have some fancy gown on) so I told him I'd turn up on Tuesday instead.
Still, I ended up going around the side of the gym and having a look at them doing their thing, on my way to the library. It all looked rather impressive, with everyone periodically emitting guttural cries, and punching and kicking the air decisively. It'll be my turn next week.
Elle Driver watch out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment