So where to apply? The strategy is simple:
1. Identify on a map of London where Soho is.
I was thinking about Earls Court originally, for a more understated gay feel, but there's no way I can afford to live anywhere near Kensington on a pharmacist's starting salary.
2. Try and get into a hospital near Soho.
2. Try and get into a hospital near Soho.
Unfortunately the most centrally located hospitals have half the country trying to get into them. A summer placement would have increased my chances of getting in with a particular hospital, but most of them are now unpaid, which puts them out of bounds for me. Central Middlesex is looking like a distinct possibility, but the programme looks interesting and it's only fifteen minutes by tube from Soho.
3. Try and get a house not too far from either Soho or the hospital, preferably such that all three are connected by tube lines in such a way as to minimize walks between stations and any of the above three locations.
Not sure how this is going to pan out. West London is expensive generally, so I think my house is going to have to be west of the hospital itself, rather than the ideal situation of being halfway between the hospital and ... Soho. Is there a pattern emerging? Oh shut up...
4. Party time!
Head on down to the Kings Arms and let the good times roll...
7 comments:
A touch of obsession is surely entering your reasoning here?
I mean, I know shagging is important, but I'd try a bit harder to stop your life revolving around the Kings Arms.
Not just the Kings Arms, honey, but G-A-Y, Ku Bar, and...er...
Hmmm.
A year in London when you are young-ish, free and single sounds good - but the novelty will soon wear off...
Young-ish! I'm in the first flush of youth, Ms. Phantom Blogger! And no, that's not a hot flush...
We'll see how it pans out. I doubt that it'll be a disaster anyhow.
You'd be surprised how quickly the top layer of paint comes off when subjected to a year on London's gay scene.
Many provincial queens have come back from a wide-eyed sojourn in the capital with their verve crushed, bandy legs, scurvy and worse!
And FFS stay off the bloody coke and pills!
I'm not on any of those things!
Anyway, there's more to London than the gay scene. I'm sure something will work itself out...
Not what that post would imply.
Really. Serious bitch moment It's funny at pride, but just you try to hold your life together when the weekend threathens to drag on till Wednesday because you haven't got any uppers yet...
Post a Comment