First I was treated to dinner at a Chinese by Jim, Phil's significant other, and then headed out to take in the gay atmosphere. I'd executed it better than last year, where I was wasted and tired by early evening. This year I'd paced myself and was ready for it all. I floated around the Star Inn and the BUlldog, throwing myself at various hot bears. Then I met a few girls from my pharmacy class, who, like a lot of girls at Pride, were bemoaning the lack of straight men. I chatted for a whie, went off on my own, and then...I came across the hot bloke. After making small talk, we locked lips passionately, and groped each other twenty different ways. He wanted to go off and meet some friends, so I got his phone number, saying I'd be in touch later.
Then I rejoined the pharmacy girls and dragged them to the Star Inn. I was pretty mashed at this stage, and wasn't doing a very good job of chatting to the bar staff ("It must be AWFUL being a gay man in a gay bar and having to work at Pride") and if I didn't know better, I'd think that they were giving me a wide berth.
Then, I tried ringing hot guy, but no answer.
At this stage I was WRECKED, but I'd heard there was a beach party happening later, and I wanted to hang on and see where it was. I downed two vodkas in the company of the pharmacy girls, got my second wind, and we headed on down to the beach. There I boogied, but the atmosphere lacked a certain je ne sais quoi after St. James' Street, so eventually I headed home, and got to bed at 6am. I plugged in my phone to charge it (it had died earlier) and I got a message from hot guy saying he was sorry to have missed my call and we would have to hook up again soon.
The next day I rose, went into town and wandered around a bit. I walked around and eventually settled on the Bulldog for the evening, where I actually met a second year gay pharmacy student (For a while, it appeared that I was the only one) and we various discussions about kinky things.
I eventually went home, as I had to start a placement in a pharmacy the next day.
Overall, it was a better Pride than last year, as last year I didn't even go into Preston Park, and had to go home early because I was too tired, This year I got it mostly right. Hopefully next year I'll get it even better. It's unfortunate in one sense: As my favourite time of the year, I almost feel under pressure to enjoy it. But it never disappoints...
No comments:
Post a Comment