Friday, January 18, 2008

Drat and bother!

With an exam on Tuesday coming, I'm anticipating a lovely weekend ahead of me. Being my final year, one would expect all cavalier tendencies to go flying out the window, to be replaced by a new, previously unheard-of diligence, wouldn't one?

Well, one would, if one was talking about anyone other than me. The screams of despair remain the same. Although I must say that sitting down for a coffee with a few classmates the other day, and finding that they had done nothing either, and cared even less, was comforting. Why floundering isn't so bad when you're not the only one doing it, I'm not so sure, but hey.

In other more important news, Tom's bar, the one I frequented only recently, has closed down. It appears that this particular opportunity is lost to you, Mz. 'Flee, but do please dry your eyes. I'm sure another kamikaze businessman will come out of the woodwork to attempt another similar venture soon. It seems to happen a lot around here.

I'm also starting the organisation of a trip I hope to go on this year: The Great British Bear Bash of 2008 in Manchester, at the start of May. Ah yes, if I exercised this much forward planning with regards to my degree, I'd probably be looking at a first class honours by now.

And with that, back to the study of the psychopharmacology of cannabis I go. From a purely theoretical standpoint, of course.

3 comments:

the 'flee said...

Blimey, you do have a strange effect on all the best clubs in this town don't you?
Closed down already! I knew it had gone through a fair few managers but this is ridiculous, they even seemed to have a determined advertising policy in place this time.

Actually a colleague recently described the style of the first paragraph above as an example of 'Magical Thinking' which he explained that small children and myself seem to be prone to.

Make of that what you will...

Denis said...

Actually, having mixed with the Hoi Polloi of the Bully last night, I can tell you that it's still open!

Under new management again, however, and by all accounts there was hardly anyone went when it opened for business as usual...

Denis said...

...hardly anyone there, I beg your pardon...