Monday, September 19, 2005

Concert Photos

Well, just about every one of the photos I took at the two concerts I went to turned out shit. Even for Sonic Youth, where I was quite close to the stage, the disposable camera I had really just didn't seem up to the job. A bad workman and his tools? Oh well...

Nevertheless, dear reader, I have provided these pictures for you, so you can...er...wonder at their lack of brilliance. Oh piffle, I'm just sticking them up here because Sonic Youth are the coolest and I just want to put them on my blog.

Here is a small breakdown of what went on:

Sonic Youth on stage. Left to right, Lee Ranaldo, Jim O'Rourke, Kim Gordon, and Thurston Moore, with Steve Shelley at the back. Yes, I know you can hardly see them, but that's not the point.


Here is Thurston Moore and his antics (Climbing on fittings, walking down near crowd, messing with guitar to make some cool noise. Again, he is hardly visible, but try)



Here is a picture of the stage when the Chemical Brothers came on. They remained virtually hidden throughout the set, but the crowd didn't seem to mind.

In fact the only ones that came out halfway decent were the two pictures I took of the hot guy I met afterwards with his girlfriend.


Now onto the Pixies concert. I couldn't get anywhere near the stage, so gaze in awe at pictures of two of members on the screen. Kim Deal looks like a suburban mother! Frank Black is more portly than ever!

So yes, all in all not exactly Rolling Stone material, though better to have some document than none at all.

No comments: