Well, I'm back in Brighton a week now, and as one would expect, it's been a return to form. Dublin was cool while it lasted, though I never got to see the play A View from the Bridge, with crazy fucking hot Meloni in the main role, as it was booked out for the entire run. That was my one disappointment, but I went to see Wolf Creek in the cinema, which kicked some horror butt.
Having got off the plane on Monday morning, I met the venerable Danny in a boozer at about 4pm and stayed out until about 4am the following morning. Registering the next morning at 9:30 in the college was a barrel of laughs, I can tell you. In the course of the 12-hour bender, I lost the microchip for the electricity meter Dan had given me (I've taken on his apartment for £55 a week! Happy days...), and so I had to put up with an apartment without a power supply for a few days until I got a new one in the post. I got around this by heading to north London to visit my brother for a while, only getting back yesterday, engulfed in the fog of a hangover. It was a good few days, just lying around drinking beer and eating food. I have also acquired a new addiction: a cop show called The Shield. I always felt that there was a glut of police dramas around, what with CSI and Law and Order, and God knows what else, but this one I like. The first two series were at my bro's pad, on DVD, and I ended up watching about 9 or 10 episodes in two days. My only regret there was that I didn't bring the rest of them back with me, but that's for another time.
Lectures start tomorrow at 9am. This year looks rather more taxing than the one that has gone before it, and the department still haven't lost their irritating habit of running one subject across 3 or more consecutive lecture hours, thus making sure you stop absorbing information after about an hour. Tomorrow is a full day of lectures, but only one subject is covered: Therapeutic Aspects of Neuroendocrinology and Pharmacokinetics. I imagine we'll all be hanging over the desks by lunchtime, and there'll still be another 3 hours to go. At least I'll be catching up with more people throughout the day.
In other news that no-one could ever see coming, and that has the potential to tip the earth on its axis, I must announce that I am broke again. My grant cheque had better have arrived while I was in London. As it is, it'll take 5 days to clear into my account when I lodge it. Oh, this is all sounding strangely familiar.
Also, I'm having a crisis of faith with this blog at the moment, and am not sure whether to continue with it, move it to livejournal (or somewhere where you can password-protect some entries), or end it altogether. I've decided to keep going for the moment, though the future feels precarious. We'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment