Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I drool, part II

I have discovered a new lust. It goes by the name of Chris Meloni.

I first saw this guy in Runaway Bride, a Julia Roberts and Richard Gere vehicle. There was nothing else on the telly that night - you must believe me - so I sat and watched it. I remember looking more than once at Monsieur Meloni, but didn't really think about him anymore after that. It was only when the film was repeated on some channel recently that I got another look at him, and it was then I resolved that I would google him at work the next day.

A quick search found that he is also one of the main stars of Law and Order: SVU and some other films I was vaguely aware of, but it was when I read more about his role in the prison drama 'Oz', the first question that came to mind was this.

Was I living under a fucking rock not to have known that this series had hot guy nudity, at a time when I was living in Dublin that had cable with a HBO channel?

I remember when Oz aired first I never really paid it much heed. Another example of life sometimes passing me by. Anyway, the series features lots of naked Chris, apparently, and he plays a gay character who has a liaison with another prisoner. I'm there. I never really cared for Law and Order: SVU and the sight of Senor Meloni in a suit doesn't really do it for me, but he sizzles as a convict, and with that I provide some examples. Click to enlarge, to enlarge like a .....*cough*....






Hot stuff. All pictures courtesy of christopher-meloni.com. To access real Chris nudity, click here and scroll down the page a bit. Then click on the numbers under his picture. Needless to say, it's not exactly work safe.

As it happens, a production of Arthur Miller's play A View from the Bridge is running in Dublin at the Gate Theatre, and guess who is playing one of the leading characters? Yup, it doth be Herr Meloni. I think I shall start making plans about being there also.

As an aside, the Hot Foreign Guy I was drooling over all year is a dead ringer for Chris. I think my taste in men is moving away from hair and more towards muscle.

As another aside, in the film Runaway Bride the story is that Roberts' character is dating Meloni's but dumps him for Gere's at the end. Was she fucking blind?

No comments: