...after spending the last two weeks at home. Easter weekend was spent catching up with Steven in Dublin and a good time was had checking out the old haunts, including the Front Lounge, which had a rather yummy (if slightly speeding) DJ on the decks. If only I hadn't horsed the wine on Thursday night and spent half of good friday in bed. Oh well...
I returned back to the usual mess of things. A gas bill that my flatmates didn't get off their arses and sort out, despite having two weeks to do it, and the subsequent threat of disconnection that has since come through the door. Oh, and the bathroom appears to have sprouted a leak somewhere: After my shower this morning, I found that an ocean of water had come down through the ceiling into the kitchen.
Living with young undergrads is a pain in the arse. When I was living in Dublin, just before I moved here, everything was fine. The house was nice, I didn't feel like I had to get out of there during the day, everyone was organised, and everything was paid on time. It would be nice to get back to that, instead of having to put up with this student chaos.
One of the hardest things about going back to college was the lifestyle change. Not so much the money, though that has been a problem from time to time, but the fact that I've had to live in places and with people under circumstances that were often less than ideal. One thing that's come out of all this is that I've already begun my search for something next september. I'm not getting stuck in a less-than-ideal living arrangement again, because I haven't organised something else in time beforehand.
At least the weather's holding up. Nothing like a bit of sunshine to brighten up your day when you're walking to college with a hangover after spending the night with a cuddly bear...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Denis, you are a super guy. You juggle things in your life and you make it happen. All action.
Thanks again stud for commenting on my recent blog post. I appreciate you having the same convictions as I have about straight men playing us for affection, financial reward, whatever. Scew them. Yea, they'd like that, but hell, they won't get it from us. Big hairy muscle hugs of brotherhood.
Post a Comment