Monday, October 15, 2007

Jumping on the bandwagon

Saturday saw me sit (or stand, rather, in a pub into which we were all squashed like sweating sardines) through my first competitive team sport match in quite some time, England versus France in the Rugby World cup semi-final. Yes, dear readers, I was more preoccupied with the players than the playing, but hey, Lawrence looks as good as ever and I've noticed another player on the team sporting a hot beard, but whose name escapes me, in spite of a careful search over the internet.

I was kind of going for France, although Sebastien Chabal looks like an untamed gorilla. At the end, I got quite the land when England pulled ahead, and cheered loud and long when Lawrence appeared on camera, and the pub I was in erupted. An Irish pub, though there still wasn't any mean-spirited Anglophobia, and now I'm looking forward to England playing against South Africa next weekend. Beer, good cheer, and hot men on screen. What more could you want?

After that, I went to a 21st and got hammered, along with everyone else, and got to bed at 4am.

Roll on England versus South Africa...

No comments: