Sunday, October 21, 2007

The rugby is over

...it wasn't as good as last saturday, for the following reasons.

1) I had been out the night before, and had a stinking hangover on saturday as a result.

2) I organised it badly, trying to get into a pub in town 10 minutes after the game had started. Not surprisingly, I was turned away, as the pub had reached capacity. I ended up watching it at home, which of course wasn't the same.

3) England lost, so the prevailing atmosphere of good cheer was dispelled soon enough.

4) There weren't half enough close-ups of Lawrence D'Allaglio, reason enough to suggest he should have been substituted into the game earlier. If he had been, perhaps the result would have been different?

Oh well, at least I managed to locate the guy with the beard to some extent. He's one of these two here, George Chuter I think?

So that's it for a while. Setting my sights back on the bears again...

No comments: