Friday, October 27, 2006

A bad day

I'm at a seriously low ebb today. On so many levels.

Yesterday evening, I went out for a drink after lectures. For the umpteenth time, I ended up staying out for the rest of the night, sleeping it in this morning (on someone else's couch) and missing lectures. I've just come into college now to pick up a report I handed in last week, and found that I had got a crap mark. Added to an assessment I got in the same subject a couple of weeks back, where I barely passed, my record so far for this year has been rather rubbish.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've gone out for the 'just the one' and ended up staying out all night. I've lost count of the number of occasions I've checked my bank balance the next day, dreading what number is about to come up on the screen. And I've lost count of the how many days running upto an exam have seen me in bed, trying to sleep off a hangover.

I've had it. Starting today, I'm on the wagon. I'm going take it one month at a time, but at the very least, I'm aiming to be alcohol-free between now and Christmas, if not beyond.

No comments: