Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Landlords and lesbians...

I have finally got the keys to a new and quite nice house with the same two pharmacy students I referred to in the previous post. It nearly didn't happen, as the landlord wanted to convert the sitting room into another bedroom and squeeze a fifth person in there, but we revolted en masse and he compromised.

So now I can relax and chill at long last. Well, apart from the fact that I am now almost penniless after handing over the deposit and month's rent. Roll on the grant cheque.

I went out last night to the Brighton Uni LGBT pub crawl, but arrived too late for it to be any good for me. I ended up in Candy Bar, a pub for girls who like girls. At some point in the night, a fight broke out between two guys, and lots of people (girls an' all) waded in to restrain them. So did I, and the bouncer ejected me afterwards telling me that I had too much to drink, when I'm sure it was just because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I promptly threw a tantrum, so the manageress shut me up by promising to buy me a drink the next time I'm in there.

Which should be some time next year, going by my current pattern.

No comments: