...since yesterday, where my flight narrowly avoided getting redirected to another airport because of fog.
The weekend just gone was one of the more interesting ones. On Saturday, I went on a day trip to Ostende in Belgium on a bus with lots of others, quite a few of which I knew from the Winchester (which still has to change hands, at the time of going to press) and much fun was had, much mussels were eaten, and much Belgian beer was drunk. The only fly in the ointment was not knowing how to speak to the natives - in that region, they all seem to speak Flemish, which sounds like a variation on Dutch or German - and I hate having to rely on natives knowing English when it should really be the other way around.
We then headed back via the Eurotunnel, and were back in Brighton for about 9:30pm or so. Not bad transport for only £22, especially since I was sitting next to the 'Flee, availing of his tasteful lavender-walleted iPod.
Sunday night saw me in a lock-in until 4am, and so I didn't rise until rather...erm...late on Monday. Oh well.
As an aside, I know of certain people of have given up alcohol in the last while, and they have all been keen to extoll the virtues of the exercise. I am seriously considering it myself, though I fear my willpower, which is that of a dying jellyfish, may prove to be something of an obstacle. We'll see.
Oh, I've just had a sense of deja vu...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment