Saturday, August 21, 2004

Another Saturday, another hangover...

Well, the drill-like sensation at each of my temples went away some time ago, thankfully, and I am now getting on with the business of recovery. Last night was a while getting going, but once it did, it was good. Around 10 people excluding myself were there (Sosume on South Great George's Street). A nice number, not too big, not too small. Didn't drink too much either, which is a good thing these days. All the cash machines within walking distance were out of order because the guys who handle the refilling of those were on strike. Still, it didn't prove to be too much of a problem. A nice night, and the Heinekens were good too. Thanks, J. The only fly in the ointment was that I lapsed and had a few smokes, but hell, I'll just go back off them again on Monday.

Ended up going back to Sarah's house for a glass of wine, which was a nice way to finish off the night. Thank God I managed to get a taxi. I really wouldn't have been able for the walk home at 5 in the morning. Sarah suggested having a meal in Temple Bar on Tuesday night as a goodbye gesture. I like the idea, and will get on it on Monday.

Today involved nothing more than collecting my gymbag from the house I used to live in, and then home to curl up on the couch. As per bloody usual when I'm hungover, I got into some rom-com on the TV ('Practical Magic') and it was shit. I really should have know better.

Bed shortly, I think.

No comments: