Monday, August 09, 2004

Mondays. Urgh...

The weekend was good, and lots of drink was involved. I went out on Friday when I really shouldn't have, and missed the Big Brother finalé (more about this later), and left my bag behind in the pub. This was subsequently recovered, but I've noticed that this has been happening a lot lately. Age-related decline of alcohol tolerance, I hope it isn't.

Saturday, I went to a barbeque held by our hostess with the mostest, Mary. The night was good, and notable for the following:
  1. When it comes to drinking Fat Frogs, Mary could wipe the floor with anyone.
  2. A move to a nightclub was proposed before midnight. Everyone agreed, but midnight came and went and none of us had moved from our seats.
  3. As is often the case with drinking, once inebriation had taken hold, the conversation was rapidly steered in the direction of sex. One of Mary's flatmates demonstrated an encyclopaediac knowledge of porn trivia. I also found out that Ewen McGregor, Will Smith, Kevin Costner, and Colin Farrell all have one generous attribute in common. No prizes for guessing what that was.
  4. They have a inflatable sheep in their possession, complete with orifice. I have not the words.
  5. I had possibly the best night's sleep in a long time on their couch. This could have been down to the several joints I had throughout the night.
  6. (Most Importantly) I woke up the next morning without any nausea.
This is why I haven't had much to add over the past few days, but I have a few things to say for once, so more will follow. I'm moving out of my current flat in just over two weeks, so I am busy finding a replacement. Also, my manager at work told me that rather than move me to their testing base in Sandyford (I've been off-site in Clontarf for the past while), he's going to leave me where I am. Which suits me, all in all.

I went to the gym this morning. Apart from being a little late, I didn't miss any trains, or forget anything, or waste money on taxis. I am also attempting to quit smoking. For the umpteenth time.

Interesting piece of trivia: Richard Nixon resigned as president of the US thirty years ago today, as a result of his impeachment. The opinion of the political commentator on the radio this morning was that around this time, while republicans had successful presidencies, democrats generally didn't, due to political weakness. Which is depressing. I'm coming back to this at a later date as well.

Irritating piece of trivia: MSNBC.com's articles (such as those on the above) always drown in the sanctimonious opinions of their writers. That's the last bloody time I'm consulting that site.

And now MS Word has crashed and lost the details of five people that I could have interviewed for my room, and they cannot be recovered. Gah!!

No comments: