I feel like killing someone. Myself, mainly. The day is off to a shit start.
1. Get up to go to gym, but miss bus, so get taxi. 8 euro wasted.
2. Head to Dart station after gym, only to find that my weekly ticket had been left at home. Miss 9:13 Dart as a result. Take note of next train at 9:22.
3. Realise I have no money with which to buy ticket. Go down to ATM, a five minute walk away, only to find it is out of service.
4. Head for one even further away, only to suddenly realise that there is one RIGHT NEXT TO THE DART STATION. Head for that one instead.
5. Get out 20 euro. Run into station and buy ticket, and then run to platform.
6. Look at TV screens and realise I have JUST MISSED THE 9:22. Next one at 9:47. That is too fucking late. I decide to get a taxi.
7. Hail a taxi on the wrong side of the river, which results in the driver going around in circles before getting onto the right route. Again, this could have been avoided if I had crossed the bridge at the green light that fate had provided for me at the appropriate time, and hailed a taxi from the other side.
8. Finally get to work at 9:35, 35 minutes late. As I'm usually only 20-25 minutes late every day, I'm even more disgusted with myself. Wasted another 8 euro paying taxi man.
This is not the first time I have forked out for taxis due to tardiness. I'm going to college in two months. I should be saving. I should NOT be doing this shit.
One of the above usually happens to me every day, but not all of them at once on the same day. Oh, and I forgot my swipe card as well. So I have to ask someone for theirs every time I need to leave the room. Excellent!
Note to self: Denis, you are a disaster area.
I can't decide whether I feel better or worse having got that off my chest. On the whole, I think I feel worse. Good workout though.
On another note, Stuart got evicted from the Big Brother house last night, unbeknownst to the rest of them. I was surprised. I thought it would be that blonde Glaswegian gobshite. And the rest of the housemates came up with the ridiculous idea that Stuart had won, and they had been left there to party until Friday. Duh!
I hope Nadia wins. A meditation on why I actually follow this shit will follow after the final result tommorrow night.
Work is being assigned now, and it looks like it's going to be a horrible day. Whoopee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment