Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Last day at work

Well, I'm almost ready to go. Not much to do at work at the moment. One of the servers was abruptly taken down a while ago, so that's our testing snookered. Snigger.

The dinner for Tuesday night didn't come off as hardly anyone could make it. Shame, but we'll do it at some stage in the future. There's a few of us having some drinks after work tonight anyway, which should be good.

I fly out to Rotterdam tomorrow for a few days holidays (back Monday) but until the wages come through on Friday, I barely have enough money to get there. Tonight will be very frugal. Grrr. I have the world's worst financial management skills.

The plan is to get to Rotterdam and then get a train to Deventer, which is where I'll meet my parents and get a lift to Ruurlo. They've been out there since last Friday. The whole thing is organised for my aunt's silver wedding anniversary on the saturday, so it should be good. The only fly in the ointment, I found out last night, is the fact that I have to share an apartment with my brother while I'm there. Which is not good. The two of us occupying the same living space for any length of time can be detrimental to the fixtures, given our history over the past year or so. At least his girlfriend will be with him, so he should behave himself.

Things remaining: I still have to send out the enrolment form and gym membership form to Brighton University, but those won't be a problem. What I am worried about is the maintenance grant. The closing date for that is next Monday, and while I'll be posting the form this evening, they're almost certain to delay the processing of it because my tax return for the year 2003 hasn't been cleared yet (oh, long story!). Hopefully that one will work out as it's worth 3000 euro a year to me.

All I do now is sit here and wait until 5:30 comes around.

No comments: