Well, my final weekend of boozing with my work crowd is almost upon me. Not sure what is going down, as a lot of them are preoccupied with a post-work project bash that involves a free bar (not my project, oh no, that would be have made it so much easier). As charming, witty, and dashing as I am, I can't compete with free booze, so the plan is now to meet Pat first and after that intersect with the other booze-hounds.
Actually, scratch that. The plan is to get as drunk as possible, on as many drinks as possible, in as many different ways as possible.
A sizeable portion of the group will be people I've been in the business with since I started four years ago, so it should be good. I'm nurturing plans of going to Mallow tommorrow on the train, with some of my luggage, before I move out of my flat for good. I might as well give up now. It's not going to happen. Especially with some of the plans I have for tonight. My mother thought it was quite hilarious that I even entertain the notion.
I can't believe how little I've done today. I'm going to ask a few questions in a minute to make it look like I'm doing something. No wait, I'd better not. The lead's first thought is bound to be that I should have asked them much earlier in the day. Oh...we'll see.
Part of my recreational activities today involved looking for an mp3 download of the Britney Spears song 'Everytime' (Yes, I KNOW it's Britney Spears, but the odd bit of fluff like that can be engaging). When I did a Google search, half the sites I found had pictures of her, not mp3s. And the pictures consisted of her in various naked clinches. I could rant from here until midnight about how crass the sexualization of girls like her by record companies has become, but I'd probably crash the blog site. And I have drinking to be getting on with. I'll come back to this at a future date.
Gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment