Thursday, April 27, 2006

Birthday boy

It's my birthday today. I'm 31.

In hexadecimal (base 16), that's... erm... 1F. This makes me look like I'm still a teenager. On the whole, I can't think if this makes me feel better or worse. Worse, I think.

31 years ago today, the song 'Oh Boy' by Mud was number one in the UK charts. The song 'He Don’t Love You Like I Love You' by Tony Orlando & Dawn was number one in America. No, I've never heard of these either, which is weird considering the current album I have on my discman was made in 1973 ('For Your Pleasure', by Roxy Music).

Famous people born on April 27th? I fed my name into this online history thing, and from what I can see, a great many composers were born on this day, including Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev, in 1891. There was also a physicist named de Broglie, whose laws I vaguely remember struggling with when I was doing physics courses in university before. Sheena Easton, in 1959. A baseball player named Chris Carpenter shares my birthday, year and all...

Oh, WHATEVER!

It's also Freedom Day in South Africa - FYI Slagella - and today is also World Day of Design.

Right, I think I'll quit while I'm ahead...

Nothing doing today. The party is on tomorrow night, with 'Flee, Phil, and the venerable Sarah, who is coming down from London for the day. Party time!

No comments: