After having another application for a pharmacy placement rejected (Lloyds) and having my interview for phone debt collector for Lloyds TSB lead nowhere as well, I was getting pretty despondent. It was one rejection after another, but today I had an interview for a job for a branch of the Co-op chain of supermarkets. The manager just rung me back to offer me the job! I'm in gainful employment again!! Yayyyyy!
I've zero counter experience with a cash register, and the work does sound back-breaking in parts, but sod it, I should be able to manage. I'll need counter experience for pharmacy work anyway, so this should be a good way of getting it. Fingers crossed it won't be a complete disaster.
This should soften the blow when I ring up my parents and ask them for help with paying the rent on my room again!
Out last night with Bear and 'Flee and Phil for Bear's belated birthday. Thursday 27th is my birthday. I think I'll have the night out on Friday night. Sarah Al is making an appearance too. That should be good.
In other news, I found the previously mislaid old CD-R of men that I had collected over the years, thankfully, so my man-gallery is complete once more! It was fun going through it the other night, taking a trip down memory lane, recalling where I got each of them...
Also, the grand opening of my brother's restaurant went really well, by all accounts. Good-oh, I'll have to bestow upon them an improptu tasting session when I next get home. Whether they like it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment