Saturday, October 30, 2004

Nnnnnggggggghhhhhh!

Hello, would you like some information on a free food waste digester?
'No, thanks.'
Excuse me, would you like a leaflet on our free food waste digester?
'Nah, you're alright mate...'
Sorry, would you be interested in learning about the free food waste digester?
*Quickens pace and almost runs past*

Repeat, ad fucking nauseum.

I applied for this job a while back and started it today, promoting the green cone free f*@$ing food f*@$ing waste digester outside Tesco. The 'role' is somewhat different to what was originally described on their employment website. There, I was only supposed to be hoisting things around, but now I have to approach people and try and get them interested. I cannot communicate enough how much this goes against my personal nature. The money is decent enough for this kind of job, but I had visions of working with data entry/filing/typing, not this kind of shit. I need to find an alternative, and fast.

On a different note, there is a big gay halloween bash tommorrow night (Wildfruit at the Creation nightclub, which is supposed to fairly legendary). Brighton LGBT are doing a meet up for it, the only catch is that it's fancy dress! So being the understated soul that I am, I went out today after work and spent £27 on a full vampire cape and make-up set. God help me! I have a recurring fear that I'll arrive at the warm-up bar before the club as the only person who actually dressed up! Time to pray...

Not much else in the last couple of days. Got trolleyed Thursday night and ended up chilling out at the pad of the venerable Danny. After tommorrow I'm in hibernation until Christmas.

No comments: