Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Not a lot to say...

Had my induction at the gym yesterday and then got on with breaking a sweat. Will do the same again tommorrow. A programme for making my build a little less like Kate Moss will follow in about 2 weeks, the instructor said. Some of the equipment is a bit ropey, but the treadmills are the Rolls Royce of running machines, and that is what I'll be concentrating on for the next while.

Today a practical. It involved not real patients, like I initially thought it would, but just actresses. I avoided getting picked, and it was interesting seeing how the four 'volunteers' each dealt with their consultation. It was funny in parts, seeing how each individual dealt with the quirks of each 'patient'.

Some of us went to a brief welcome ceremony held by the British Pharmaceutical Society this evening, in Brighton Hospital. It was all rather understated, but there was an interesting presentation on the history of the profession (going right back to the cavemen days), and there was free wine and finger food. My own personal jury is still out on whether or not this is the right thing for me to do, but I will stick with it. I reckon I'll be better off with this than without it, regardless of what I end up doing.

Tommorrow I must attend a demonstration of a food waste composter in action. This is not college-related, but for a job that I may end up doing at weekends. I will be present at places like shopping centres to provide information on this gadget, and promote it where necessary. What in God's name do I think I'm getting myself into?

Lastly, there has been an oversight with the bank and they have agreed to loan me more than they had initially declared. This means that a laptop could be within my reach. I could just repay the excess immediately, but I could also compromise and get a G4 Mac without all the extras like Office and an iPod, which would cut down the cost by a third. We'll see. I have to store my mp3s and my pictures of big hairy men somewhere.

No comments: