Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A Shame

He was the man.

I like The Fall's idea too. That's nearly what I'd want at my funeral.

As for this, I'm delighted.

"Signor Buttiglione ... sat stony-faced through Senhor Barroso's speech this morning as MEPs cheered their victory."

And he has 'Butt' in his name. And the fact that Berlusconi is under pressure as a result of this makes it all the sweeter.

In other news(!), I had a presentation to give yesterday on Influenza. I think it went OK, but then I had to leave the room while they got the knives out, so to speak. I had a follow up meeting this morning, and some of my faults were pointed out, but overall the consensus was that it was good. Thank fuck.

Roll on the new year, when I have to give a detailed presentation of a case study, which will be marked much more clinically than this. I cannot wait...

Also, the grant authority in Ireland that I referred to in an earlier near-hysterical post have actually admitted that they made a mistake and are going to 're-examine' my file. The only thing is that they are threatening to request individual self-employment receipts from the year 2003. Which I don't have. And the related stuff of which is in Ireland anyway. I did get my loan this morning though, which means I won't be evicted from my halls just yet. Now I must go and check out Mac laptops. That and the f*@#ing laundrette that's on-site. 3 washing machines between more than 10 apartments. Bloody hell!

I also have mid-term exams in Bio and Chemistry in about 3 weeks. The Bio should be OK, but the chemistry course is such a bastard it would make Mendeleev himself weep. Some serious work is going to have to be done.

So with that...

No comments: