Sunday, October 10, 2004

Word, man.

Yeah, whatever.

I went to an R n' B club last night with all the other flatmates bar one. The club was called Core, and it was 'Mo' Money' night. Even though 50 Cent and Beyoncé were the order of the day, I quite enjoyed it, the atmosphere being very chilled and one of the bouncers looking rather tasty. I was struck by the amount of black guys weighed down with chain necklaces and baseball caps on backwards. A good night was had, and there was no crushing queue for pizza after, we got it within 10 minutes. One thing I've noticed about Brighton thus far, is that the city is pretty relaxed after the clubs close. Even all the people coming out onto the street doesn't render it very threatening. At home, fast food places have started closing before the nightclubs because they can't deal with the zoo that ensues there afterwards. Even when there was a slight mix-up over whether or not we had jumped a taxi queue (we hadn't), the matter passed off without any disturbance of the peace. If that was Dublin, fists would have been flying in two seconds.

I've just out that I have to do a five-minute presentation at some stage soon, and get peer-assessed by my class afterwards. My topic? Influenza. Oooh-er. But then, we're all in the same boat. I also have mid-term exams in about 6 weeks. And on Tuesday, I get to do a practical which apparently involve dealing with real patients, and if I'm lucky, I get filmed while doing it. I'll be the one skulking at the back, praying I don't get picked...

Induction for the university gym tommorrow. £97 for the whole year is very good. It'll be good to get back in training.

No comments: