Nursing the hangover from hell today, although I still made it into lectures (granted, they didn't start until 2, so I got up at 1:50).
I went to a GAA raffle held in an Irish pub, and met all the Irish students on my course. I swear, it is possible to take a look at someone's face, and know instantly that they're Irish, before you even engage them. I think we all share some nationwide resemblance at some level. In spite of the fact that it was seriously ghettoised (birds of a feather, and all that) and Irish songs were being sung at high volume on the bus into town (in the UK) I enjoyed myself. I got absolutely shit-faced in the honey club and then fell home at about 3am. In spite of all my moanings in the past about noise in student residences, I was making enough noise last night to wake everyone at 4am. Oh well, what goes around comes around, as they say...
Cell biology today and I just sank deeper and deeper into the seat. If there is a way of fast-tracking the mechanics of DNA replication into my brain, I'd love to know about it.
I got an e-mail from the guy who is in charge of promoting the food waste unit. It's not looking very lucrative, as most of the work days are on Thursday and Friday, which I wouldn't be able to do. First day is at Tesco, on the 30th of this month. I'm not sure if I want to do this, but I need the money so I'll press on. Hopefully it'll be fine.
Thanks to my indecision about two upcoming LGBT events, I looks like I have now forfeited my place on them. Dammit! Denis, you are going to have to be more proactive!!!
I still have heard nothing back about the grant yet. I'm ringing them tommorrow. I also have to get onto accommodation and ask them to give me another week before I hand over the first installment of the fee. I'm already two weeks behind. They're going to love me in that department, I can tell. Thanks to someone's absent-mindedness, I won't have the bank loan until next week.
Joy sunshine rainbows and pink fluffy things...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment