Carl, the name comes from one of my favourite Simpsons episodes, where Lisa tries to design a doll to rival Malibu Stacy ("the wisdom of Gertrude Stein, the down-to-earth good looks of Eleanor Roosevelt" etc.) only to find that marketing wins out. I remember thinking, what she needs is the massacre of Malibu Stacy. It kind of stuck, though I've always had a thing for multi-word structures linked by their first letters, especially in songs. When I used to work in IT, I had days where I was *that* close to massacring half the people I worked with, and so I was nearly going to call my blog Michael McDermott's Soulmate. Words that begin with 'M' and 'S',eh?
After working with computers in Ireland for four years, I had a change of heart and hotfooted it across the pond to Brighton, gay capital of the UK, to study big hairy men and to try and get a degree in Pharmacy from the University of Brighton. I graduated, finished my pre-reg year, and am now working as a legal drug-dealer in the big smoke of London. Join me here in my adventures as I attempt to learn about as many drugs as possible during the day, and get entangled with as many bears as possible at night.
I can be reached on gmail.com at denis.g.ryan
3 comments:
What do you think attracts you to big hairy men? Is this a fetish of yours or is it the lack in ability to pull non-hairy guys?
Tom (New York - a fan of your blog)
"Malibu Stacy Massacre" Murderous tendencies of fictional animated dolls ??
I was just wondering :)
Carl
Inability to pull? Fetish? New York diplomacy?
Carl, the name comes from one of my favourite Simpsons episodes, where Lisa tries to design a doll to rival Malibu Stacy ("the wisdom of Gertrude Stein, the down-to-earth good looks of Eleanor Roosevelt" etc.) only to find that marketing wins out. I remember thinking, what she needs is the massacre of Malibu Stacy. It kind of stuck, though I've always had a thing for multi-word structures linked by their first letters, especially in songs. When I used to work in IT, I had days where I was *that* close to massacring half the people I worked with, and so I was nearly going to call my blog Michael McDermott's Soulmate. Words that begin with 'M' and 'S',eh?
Post a Comment